PSP is a measure designed by Nate Silver to indicate a team’s success in the postseason in divisional play. PSP assigns points to playoff teams as follows:
- 3 points for making the playoffs
- 3 points for winning the League Division Series (LDS)
- 4 points for winning the League Championship Series (LCS)
- 4 points for winning the World Series
- 1 point for each postseason win
- -1 point for each postseason loss
The highest possible PSP is 25, for a team that sweeps through all eleven postseason games, while the lowest is 0, for a team that is swept in the first round.
22-year-old student attending California State University, Fullerton. Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a focus in Legal Studies. Former baseball player interested in a career in Sports Management. Go Yankees!